How to Contest Property Tax Assesments in Washington State?

0 votes

1 Answer

0 votes

The County Assessor revalues all property in their county each year, notifying property owners of their new value determinations by mail. These new valuations will be the basis for the amount of taxes due the following year. Property owners who believe the new assessed value of their property exceeds its fair market value have the opportunity to appeal by filing a petition to their county’s Board of Equalization (BOE). 

Petitions must be received by the Board on or before July 1st of the assessment year or within sixty (60) calendar days after the date listed on the Assessor’s value change notice – whichever date is later. 
Each county has slightly different forms and steps to their process.  For more information visit each county assessor’s website or contact your county’s Board of Equalizations.
King County
Board of Equalization  |  206.296.3496
Department of Assessments  |  206.296.7300
Pierce County 
Board of Equalization  |  253.798.7415 
Snohomish County
Board of Equalization  |  425.388.3407
Assessor’s Office  |  425.388.3433
answered 6 years ago by superjoe

Related questions